Sunday 29 April 2012

How To Successfully: Make Your own Cleaning Products

Last week, I posted a few of my favourite cleaning tips. Two of those was Get Good Equipment and Few Cleaning Products.


 Like I stated in that post, I use a solution of water and a little eco-friendly washing-up liquid for almost everything. I also use vinegar a lot - in Sweden we have concentrated vinegar called 'ättika' (24% acetic acid) and I dilute that about 1-1 with water, but I'm sure white vinegar works just as well. Both of those I keep in spray bottles in the kitchen. The washing-up spray is great for wiping down counters and and the table, and even the most burnt-in spots on the stove top comes off with baking powder and vinegar spray. Since the vinegar spray is also really hard on bacteria, I usually wipe down the counter with that occasionally.

More spray bottles I keep standing around is one with starch (cornstarch and water) for ironing shirts and the like, and one with water and a little lavender oil, also for ironing and to use as a room freshener.

I recently made labels for my bottles by getting pictures from old apron patterns (shhh) and making labels in photo shop. I glued them on the bottle and covered in self-adhesive plastic. Now I don't have to read the labels - I know that the pink apron is vinegar and the '20s looking girl is starch!

No comments:

Post a Comment