Tuesday 3 April 2012

How To Successfully: Get Rid of Candle Wax

This Saturday the yearly Earth Hour took place and that reminded me of how downright disgustingly cosy candle light is compared to harsh electrical light. One of the backdraws of candles, however, is the fact that they tend to drip wax rather liberally, especially if there's a draught.

You don't want to scrape off wax globs from delicate furniture (on my Formica-tabletop, however... I swear that table and the cockroaches are the only things that are going to survive the Apocalypse unscathed). I know there are lots of tips for this, but mine is really simple and you don't run the risk of harming precious wood or marble or whatever you have.




You need:



















That's right. A spoon and some hot water. You got that? Good. Rinse the spoon in hot water (or dip it in hot water if you have the kettle boiling). When you press the warm spoon to the wax, the whole glob comes off.

Very simple and effective!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't lit candles in sooo long! We have crazy smoke detectors in our house that I'm afraid the Fire Dpt would roll out as soon as I light one.

    ReplyDelete